Upon reaching Level 50 (through an experienced based ranking system) players will be able to select one of 8 specialisation paths, each offering 10 unlocks. The first 9 of those unlocks will give you (in no particular order):
• Armor Set – Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Set Skin – Texture skin for Helmet, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder
• Armor Mod
• Weapon Skin – Texture skin of one of the loadout weapons
• 4 Foreground Emblems
• 1 Background Emblem
• 1 Visor Color
The tenth and final unlock will be a performance altering armour modification. Upon completion of one Specialisation path players will then be able to begin a new Specialisation, eventually unlocking the whole set.
Players who buy the Limited Edition version of Halo 4 will get access to the full suite of Specialisations upon reaching Level 50. People playing the regular edition of the game will initially have access to Wetworks and Pioneer. Eventually the others will be unlocked and everyone will have access to all of the Specialisation paths. You can pre-order the Limited Edition now for £61 on Amazon UKor $99 on Amazon US.
|click to enlarge|
343industries have just released this image showing some of the weapons skins we will be able to unlock whilst we progress through our Specialisations:
|click to enlarge|
- Wetwork Armour Mod - Quieter sprint, appear as an outline to players using Promethean Vision and perform quicker assassinations.
- Fast Track Armour Mod - Earn more XP (Spartan Points?) when you have this equipped.
- Drop Recon Armour Mod - See ordnance drops a couple of seconds before anyone else, also get a longer range on the arrows which direct you to ordnance.
- Requisition Armour Mod - If you're not happy with the three things you're offered in your ordnance drop you can "re-roll" and get three other choices that may better suit your needs.
- Stability Armour Mod - We've heard about this one already, it allows you to stay zoomed in even when taking fire from enemies. David Ellis has confirmed on NeoGaf that IGN made a mistake when they said it improves your general accuracy, it does not.
- Nemesis Armour Mod - Places a marker on the HUD showing the location of the last person who killed you, also puts markers for people who are currently shooting you (before they've killed you). I think Battlefield 3 has something like this?
- Gunner Armour Mod - Speeds up the cool-down on mounted weapons as well as allowing you to move faster whilst carrying a turret.
- Wheelman Armour Mod - Speeds up vehicle health recovery and gives a slight immunity to EMP blasts.
As usual Halo 4 Designer David Ellis (Lybertyboy) was on hand over on NeoGaf to clarify some of the errors and misinformation in the IGN article.
Regarding the return of Mjolnir Mk V armour:
with all these new-school Spartan IVs, what about the classic MJOLNIR Mark V look from Halo 1? Does that svelte and simple suit of armor have a place in Halo 4’s sophisticated, story-grounded War Games universe? “I will say that if you’re a fan of nostalgia, we’ve definitely included some options that will scratch that particular itch,” Ellis concludes. And as for other Recon-like armor-related surprises? ““We definitely have some secret [armors) up our sleeves.”- Cowboy Out.